Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

done all you say for radeon 7500, still nothing. read this please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loreweaver

Technical User
Jun 8, 2002
US
This is my machine, basically:
Processor AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1300 Mhz Processor
Mainboard 200/266 Mhz AMD Athlon Front Side Bus
Supports Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI)
2 168-pin DIMM sockets
Plug and Play BIOS, 1 4X AGP Slot, 2 PCI Slots
Memory 384MB PC133 SDRAM
168 Gold Pin connectors for max performance, 133Mhz Clock Speed, 7ns Sync Data Output
Video Adapter 64MB Sis Display Adapter, Embeded Sis VGA, 128-bit 3D AGP Graphics Accelerator
64MB frame buffer in North bridge, Upto 1920 X 1440 Resolution
Complete AGP Rev. 2.0 Spec. Compliant

I have bought a powered-by-ATI Radeon 7500 64M DDR V/D/Vo, which has tv out capabilities.

Now the problem and troubleshooting steps I’ve done…

When I insert the card in the agp slot and boot up, it gives me just enough time to log into my Windows XP account and watch some stuff (msn messenger and such) load before the monitor goes to a black screen stating power save blablabla and it reboots, basically. I have not set up any power save features.

Now, I have troubleshot doing all these combinations and rebooting, to the above effect:
- changed the PCI to onboard AGP in bios.
- Changed the alloted RAM for video card from 8m to 64m and back.
- Disabled the display adapter (SiS 630/730)
- Before putting the card back inside again, tried to load the supplied-cd driver, the downloaded-from-ATI driver 3.2 version and the old found-on-the-net 2.4 version, all to the same result: they never get to the installshield wizard, just the red window and the first little window. I don’t get any error messages, the window just vanishes.
- Looked for jumpers in both card and motherboard, none to be had.
- Changed the settings in the bios for the modem (I know it won’t affect, but it’s another issue I have for another forum I guess).

Sorry if it’s a bit long, but I can’t find a match with the problems stated before mine, and I certainly can’t find a match to the solutions. Can you guys help??
Thank you.

all i can tell u is do a search for your card here at tek-tip and google.

that's why I am writing the question, because I have read all the previous radeon questions and done what's advised. also, google is the first place I go for anything of almost any sort.
thanks for the response.

I have the exact problem with a Radeon 7500 and WinXP. Did you ever slove the problem

Romad

What is your power supply rated at? That is one problem I've seen over and over with the reboot issue.

Also, who made your computer? Model number. etc? If you can tell me the name or the Mother board itself, that could help a lot.

You might try going back to your onboard video and allowing XP to load completely. Once loaded, check under control panel, administrative tools, event viewer and see if there are any error messages that might shed a little light on this situation there.

I have the same card running on XP, I installed the drivers first, shut the system off and installed the card, I turned the system back on and had no problems whatsoever. I did not have to do any Bios changes or anything else. Make sure you downloaded the correct driver and instructions from ATI, check for a "102????????" serial number and match it on the ATI website. Hope this helps

Tell us the make and model of the mobo, there are certain boards that aren't compatible with certain cards, PC-Chips being a notable one.

I have the same problem with a client's pc that I built.

Soyo MB K7VME Socket A
350 Watt PS
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ @ 333MHz FSB
512Mb DDRAM (Ultra)
200Gb HD (Western Digital)
OnBoard 32Mb Video (PCI or AGP?
Windows XP Pro

When I originally built the system I tried installing a Powered By ATI 128Mb Radeon 9200se AGP which caused the same problem with the screen blanking and the system rebooting. I instead installed a Radeon 7500 and it worked perfectly. The client just called me a few days ago because he had a software problem and I ended up having to reload windows. During the new installation, once it got to the installing devices portion of the installation the same problem occured. I went into the bios and changed primary graphics from PCI to AGP, tried changing the RAM alloted between 32 and 64Mb, I also tried loading defaults and best configuration, all to no avail. I removed the card and restarted the os install with no further problems. After the installation completed installed the drivers from the Manufacturer CD and then re-installed the 7500, again with the same results. I was thinking that this was a hardware issue but it worked perfectly until I had to reload windows, and from the number of similar problems it looks like it may be an ATI - XP issue (Not a first). Has anyone found a resolution for this? Thanks.

Brent

I went into the bios and changed primary graphics from PCI to AGP" wouldnt you set that according to the card type?

loreweaver,you say " before the monitor goes to a black screen stating power save blablabla and it reboots, basically. I have not set up any power save features."is that message from windows or the sort of thing many screens display as you shut down? Do you have at least a 300W psu ? How high a resolution are you running at before the black screen? My advise would be return everything to its original state and then look up the installation instructions if you received any and follow them by the letter.128-bit 3D AGP Graphics Accelerator did you disable
this before running new card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back