Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domino versus Outlook/Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominator

Instructor
Jul 28, 2000
US
One of my customers is looking for a good electronic forms management system. They are looking at a Domino server and comparing it to their Exchange / Outlook setup.

What are the pros/cons on using Domino over the exchange and outlook setup? I have heard Domino is much more complex to set up and keep running, is this true? I have also heard that Domino can handle forms routing much better than exchange/outlook.

I appreciate your help on this one.

With a little training the Domino solution is far superior.

It is a true Groupware system which provides superior workflow and information sharing to Exchange. It also provides all the tools to develop your own solutions, and as a bonus, all information is available via web browsers due to the awesome Web capacity of a Domino Server.

Invest in about 15 days training in Admin and Design and you will have a fantastic groupware system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back