Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domino Server Administration help

Status
Not open for further replies.

supergino

Technical User
Apr 16, 2005
CA
hey Everyone,

I'm new to notes and I have a basic administration question. Everytime I try to add in a new user and try to register him, I get an error from the Domino administrator.
The servers domino directory does not contain a cross-certificates to authenticate you.
I'm not sure what this means since im logged into this machine and not remotely.
The system is running windows 2000 Server with Domino 6.5.4 and administrator 6.0.5
All of this is a new install. Documentation doesnt show much with respect to this error. Any help is appreciated.

Hi supergino,
It is due to the fact that the names.nsf (Domino Directory) database is signed by the user or server ID, for which you do not have the cross certificate.
If it is signed by the server ID, just choose the option which will help you to trust the server's ID (I do not remember the exact name of the button)
If it is signed by the person's ID, and you know the person, do the same
If it is signed by the person's or server's ID from different domain, you must make sure, if you are trying to register user in the right domain

regard

Hi Grar, I found out how to create the cross certificate so I will change it but the name of the registration server appears to be incorrect. Would it not be the local option when it asks me to register the PC? I think this might be link with the issue I dont have a cross certificate to view the names.nsf as well?
Thank you,
Steve

I got all that working and I have all the access to the domino server!!! Thanks for the help. One more question, if I want to give users access to their email via IMAP, which user account do they use for credentials? A friend of mine said they should use the short name and internet password to use for credentials on an IMAP compatable client but I cant seem to get the credentials right. Am I looking down the wrong path?

Thanks Again.

Steve

Hi Steve,
I do not have any experience with such configuration, but as I have checked in the documentation, there as lot's of user name used for the authentication - sname is one of the possibilietes, but there is also mentioned common name - you must try

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back