Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domino and Macromedia Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

abeuw

MIS
May 23, 2001
CH
Hi there. Does anyone know how to make Flash and Domino talk to each other using javascript? And not just by extracting information from the url address, but really passing information between the Flash interface and the background Notes documents. There's an example posted here : but I keep getting errors when I try to follow the tutorial. Has anyone done this example before, and if so, can you kindly send me the .nsf and flash source files? or point me to another tutorial on this? GREATLY appreciate it if you could do this, thanks!

I really want to do this as well, I tried the example and could not get it to work either, I should have some more info this Firday 7/19/02 i am meeting with some notes gurus will keep you posted if you have made progress on this please let me know.
thanks
Peace
Kyle

Hi Kyle1. That'll be great if you can! So far, I have found a tip somewhere else, whereby the person was saying that all that needs to be done to pass variables from a Flash form is to create the Flash form, and take note of the name of the input fields you create. Create a button with an actionscript like so :

on (release) {
getURL (" "", "POST");
}

whereby Notes fx.nsf is the db name, under the folder notesfx. You can find more info on how to derive the URL from the Designer Help db in Notes, basically you're creating a new Notes document when clicking on this button.

Import the swf into a Notes form (how to do this is in the first thread I posted), and at the bottom of the Notes form, create Notes fields with the exact same name & type as the fields on the Flash form. Hide the Notes fields when viewed from a web browser. Create a view in the Notes db so that you can see the documents you create. Try opening the form in Internet explorer, fill in the fields, and click on the button. It should save the document and you can view the entries from the Notes fields when you open the doc from the db view.

So far, that's a one-way interaction (Flash->Domino), but I haven't tried doing it the other way (Domino passing values to display on the Flash site). I also don't know if this is an effective way to do this, or if the JavaScript method is better (provided we can get it to work!)

Hello! Am just new with Notes development. I'm so happy to see this topic because it answer my questions about domino and flash. I also visited Dominopower.com and it helped me a lot. For now, I'm using Notes 4.6, do you have some tips or sample graphics (for forms and navigators) that I can use.

Thanks a lot!
doodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back