Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domino administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidsubnet

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2002
GB
Hi Chaps,

Here is one for you, I need to learn how to administer a Domino system (and damn quick!!!) and to be frank i dont have a scooby doo. Where do i start?

sid.

here's the most obvious answer of all (it's actually how I taught myself notes): read the help files.

with R5 in your particular case I'd open the administration help database,you'd be surprised how much information is in there ;-)

(this database is installed by default in the client's & server's data directory\help)

Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

best option. hire a good lotus notes business partner to get it done and teach you a ton a long the way.

Domino Administration by New Riders publishing is worth its weight in gold. I have read the text cover to cover many times. My collection of Domino books is up to 16 texts, and this is by far the best one available.

Enjoy

Derek

hi all, i have just take over the administration of an email server which runs on Domino R5.09, on an AIX platform. How do i change the ACL of a database with only server.id on my hand? The database ACL only contain the server name, and the user name as the Manager of the database.

I have installed admin client on my workstation, i'm included in the Administrator field of the server.doc. However, when i switch to the server.id to manage the ACL, it will give me an error message.

How do i solve this problem? Appreaciate if you can help me asap. Thanks!

regards
evelyn

Evelyn,

The server.id does virtually nothing. You must have the previous Admin's ID or you can create one with the cert.id.

Sorry

Derek

evelync, you might want to checkout this post, it's a code sample for setting (proper) admin rights in the acl's on a server. make it an agent that'll run in a schedule on that server, and sign it with the server's id:

thread9-348754 usually works for me.

Cheers.
Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back