Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domino 5 on Windows Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyleuk

Technical User
Mar 20, 2005
GB
Hi All,

A quick question.

I know no support is provided by IBM. But has anyone had any experience of using Domino 5 (5.0.11 or above) on a Windows Server 2003 Platform.

Does this seem to work - despite not being officially supported?

TIA :)

I have not tried it. But I asked the Tutor the question while I was on the Windows 2003 admin course.
He said no. 2003 and R5 are not compatible. (off the top of my head I cannot remember exactly why)

We are running R5.0.12 on a 2003 server. We are also running R5.0.9a, R5.0.12 and R6 on several NT and 2000 servers.

As with most of the others, the R5/2003 server is a Web server listening on ports 80 and 443. It also routes Notes mail, but is not part of a cluster.

We haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary that would make us think that there are any compatibiltiy issues.

Maybe we will run into problems if we ever try something different on it such as adding it to a cluster or run SMTP mail on it.

I'm also running R5.0.12 on a 2003 server, with nothing special configured about it, and I've got zero problems. At least, with the fact that its R5 on 2003. I don't know why your instructor said this wouldn't work. My Domino install used to be on a 2000 server, and I can't see any difference, in fact, between the two installs. Granted, YMMV, but still...

<<<<[flux]>>>>

My Domino server is Release 5.0.8 and it is running on Win2003 SP1. Evrything seem working fine except the modem is not answering.

Always have a error message like: COM1: Modem does not respond. Or error message like: COM1: Device or unit number already in use.

To overcome this problem, I need to shut down the server and remove the power supply to the server. Then, on the server again, and the modem will be working fine again for awhile, mab be 1 hour or a few days and it goes dead again. To solved the problm? Repeat the process mention above.

Anyone having the same problem? Any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back