Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain workstation loses sharing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potomac

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2006
US
This is an XP Pro workstation that is a domain member, dc is SBS 2003. There is a laser printer attached that is shared, and this had been working fine for months. Now, the 3 or 4 users who access this share get denied, with the message: Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect.
If I reboot the host workstation, they will be able to print for a short amount of time, then they'll be denied again.
Any ideas?

If that printer is an HP running PCL6, try using PCL5 drivers.

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Thanks, Lawnboy, but it's not a printer issue. The entire computer is inaccessible, not just the printer share. If I reboot the host computer, it will be accessible to all for a short time, and then the same messages will come up. There is something on the dc that is causing the trust relationship between the domain and that workstation to fail, but I haven't pinned it down yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back