Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

domain user account login problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillipIT

Instructor
Jan 9, 2005
US
newly created domain user accoutn can't login unless give admin right under Microsoft Server 2000. Please help.

login on which machine?
the server?
is it a domain controller?
normal: defined in Default DC policy
if not, what is the error you get otherwise?

Aftertaf (david)
MCSA 2003

Thanks David,
Yes, login on sever, the same machine that used to created the user and it's on domain controller.

Error message>> "the local policy of this system doesn't permit you logon interactively.

If this user is added to domain admins, then login ok.

I may be off the mark but check this, does the user have access to server via a group, or individually. I have got this message before when the user existed but had no access.

"That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

See if I am correct?

you want a user to logon to the domain controller but they can't unless you give them domain admin rights?

If that is what you are talking about, users can't logon locally due to group policy. You would have to change group policy and grant the the allow the logon locally right.

I think mrmoneymatters is right. i think it has to do witht the policy. I will confirm this later. Thanks

We have Domain Controller (Parent Domain) at Head Office, and at other location we configured child domain in an existing forest, and delegated DNS on parent domain for the child domain, I have installed only system manager on my child domain and able to create users on Child Domain and mail box on Parent Domain Exchange Server.

Since it’s a single forest, so either of domain users can logon to each others domain.

I am facing the following problem while my parent user or enterprise admin tries to logon on child domain or my child domain users tries to logon on parent domain I am getting following message.

1)The System could not logon. Make Sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in password must be type using the correct case.

2)AND we are not able to move any object/user from parent domain to child domain by using Movetree command, its showing object already exist.

We have checked trust between both the domains which is verifying without any errors. Replication is working fine and we have also run replication manually.

regards
mpdkyn

are you specifying the right domain in the dropdown list??

a user in domain.com cant authenticate in the child.domain.com domain cos he doesn't have an account.....

and it doesn't help us seeing your problem in now 3 different posts....., others read answers and build upon them to get the best solution .....
stick to one thread :)

Aftertaf (david)
MCSA 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back