Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

domain/server not accessible?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeypot

Technical User
Mar 6, 2001
GB
we have an intermittent access problem here ... every now and then when browsing the network on some of our machines we cannot connect to the server .. an error message comes up saying that there no more connections can be made to this computer at this time because there are already as many connections that the computer can accept..we have a few mapped network drives to the server and we can still access these files..ive checked the licenses and added to them, so i dont think that that is the problem.. please help :)

Try changing the number of licenses to 1000 and see if the problem goes away. Then you can 100% eliminate licensing as the source of the problem.

I bet it is a licensing issue.

DO you have any other products that require licenses? BackOffice? Those can cause the problem as well. Our Server runs per seat for all the cals for w2k but I had a single license VisualStudio installed on one of them. It comes with 10 cals so for some reason some of my clients could not logon if there were already 10 clients using that server to logon. I did 2 things: I set up our other DC as the logon server for most of our computers, and I removed VS from the main server and put it on a workstation, where it belongs. Daniel Shackelford
dshackelford@wchs.com

"Se non e vero, e ben trovato."

I've got the same problem, however my licenses are set to a maximum of 10 and I KNOW that I only have 5 users logged in, heck I only have 5 computers on the network. However it seems as though administrator is logged in 5 times, or any given user can be logged in two or three times, coming from the same IP address. The machines are being logged in as well, so for a user and a machine to log onto the network it takes 2 licenses away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back