Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain-Name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

wantagofast

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
US
My company has changed our domain name from
A - "ABC-Inc.com" to B - "ABC.com". I just let our "A" domain name expire and registered domain name "B". My questions is on my pix configuration, should I rename the "domain-name" to domain "B" or just leave it as is with domain "A". Does it matter? Also...I used domain "A" as our domain name in AD.

Thanks.

Matt

Normally doesn't matter at all -- are you doing some sort of authentication against your AD from the PIX?

Thanks for the response JPM. We don't do any authentication against AD from the PIX.

Matt

It matters in that if you are using PDM or SSH, you will need a private key generated for the PIX based on it's new domain name.

If you change the domain name and then try to connect via SSH, I'm pretty sure it won't let you.

Thanks for the response. I thought it might make a difference. I will change the domain name because on occasion I do use SSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back