Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

domain logon problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

piti

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
SK
i've setup a domain controler (nt 4.0 terminal server, sp6)to limit access to the computers (w98 se) on the network
then i created users, groups, ....
but i can't logon to the network, there are no log entries about my logon attempts, when i unset the mustbevalidated property, i got a message saying that no domain controler could be found, otherwise i'm not able to get into wins
but when accessing a shared resource on the server a login message appears in the logs and when logging out a logof message is written to log
i don't know what to set/unset to make it work
plz help
thanx

Did you install NT as a PDC? That would be necessary for creating a domain.

Hi,

What protocol are you using for your network.

If its TCP/IP then are all the addresses/gateways etc setup correctly ?.

Is your Domain name correct in the Win98 machines ?

Have you tried using PING to see if the Server and Client are accesable from one another ?

If you are using TCP/IP on your network then why not make life easy for yourself and use IPX/SPX until you get it setup and then change to all TCP/IP once its up/running and tested.
Any Help, Yes/No let me know

Regards

thanx guys
everything was set up correctly, just ...

setting the ip of the pdc in the wins tab in the network config panel made the thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back