Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain login scripts don't work on 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerbouchard

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2002
US
Has anybody figured out why scripts placed on an NT4 Server don't run when logging into domain through 2000 professional?
I've seen some other references to the problem on here but no real complete solutions. Or maybe I've just missed the answer on here. Either way I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!!!!

You will have to go into more detail of the problem. Do you mean the login scripts? If so I have no problems with any user logining into a NT4 Server (it is terminal server) from a w2kPro machine. I would make sure the machine and the user belong to the domain. Rich Cook -- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

I'm running NT servers with logon scripts. We've got half our users using windows 2000, and haven't had a single problem.

Everything standard? Scripts in the netlogon share on the domain controllers? Logon script specified in user manager? 2000 machine part of the domain? ________________________________________
Check out

We have NT4 servers with mostly 95/98 workstations, I have a 2k workstation and Loginscript usually runs but not always.

We also have more than 50% of our users on Windows 2000 in an NT4 domain without login script problems. However, if you have an executable you are trying to run from within the login script that worked for NT4 users, it may not work on Windows 2000 and, depending upon where it is in the script, could just cause those machines to crash out of the script.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back