Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Controllers in the MM enviroment

Status
Not open for further replies.

goku78

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2013
MX
Hello folks,

I had an issue time before, where the vendor mention there were like 6 domain controllers in the modular messaging enviroment, but when I checked the configuration in the MM I did not find a list of servers, just the primary domain controller.

I am new with MM, so I want to know how this person get that list of DC servers from the MM.

May be with a command at the CMD, I really dont know.
Could someone help me out how to do this?

Kind regards
Goku78

goku78 - please clarify - is this still the MM with Exchange storage and if so what are you pointing to 2007 or 2010? And what is the version of MM that you are using?

This is an MM integrated with exchange, the servers are 2010

In the VMSC under Messaging Application Servers and in the upper quadrant of this tool, you'll see a Messaging icon. If you select this you will see the DC that the MM is tied to.

That will show me the DC configured in the system, but for example, I have a MAS that has configure DC01 in the configuration, but sometimes the DC team told me the MAS is connected to a different one.

I really dont know who to find that information, I tried using a netstart -n but I dont think this help me to much.
Please let me know your comments

You can assign a failover DC to connect to but there is no way in MM to correlate changes in the customer network without setup of the failover.

May be I am not clear about what I need.
I am not looking for the configuration in the MM system.

What I am trying to find is what DC servers are in the enviroment, using CMD commands from the MAS server.

I dont know how the person that was helping me out with the issue know about the other DC servers in the enviroment.

Maybe this is something that is get from the DC server or the exchange server.

If you are trying to find out what DC's are in the environment that would be a question for your Network Admin people.The MM is only going to use the DC that you setup for it and as fail-overs.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

To my knowledge a MAS can only peer with 1 GC (Global Catalog) at any one given time. If the Peer Directory server was to be changed for a particular MAS, the FEDB would need to be resynced with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back