Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Controller problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cderow

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
Hi everyone,
I am running Ctrix Metaframe XP with Win2000 server. Everything works fine, except for one user. When this user logs in to the server, they get a Windows NT/2000 security message stating, "A domain controller could not be found for the specified domain." I know that the problem must reside in this person's computer, but I am not entirely sure on where to look. This person has Windows 98 on their machine. Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The first thing I guess that needs to be known...is can this user log onto the metaframe server from another client? If s/he can then I would ask if you can ping the server from the users 98 box (using whatever method you are trying to make the connection with - IP address or DNS name). Just a litle food for thought....

The user is actually connecting via a modem. They tell me they can actually connect to the server, but after they enter their username and password, the security message pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back