Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Controler

Status
Not open for further replies.

igortr1

Technical User
Jan 13, 2004
US
We support server that not a part of our domain - it is domain controler for different domain. The problem is to support and administer that server. I am using scripts to apply hofixes and McAfee virus defs for 30+ servers, but cannot run these scripts on that server. When try to monitor it from Dameware its prompting me to enter ID and a password.I suspect DNS issue here. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks

Sounds to me like you don't have admin rights on that server. Do you have a trust relationship between the two domains? If so, add your domain's administrator group to the administrator group in the other domain.

Has it ever worked for this server? If not, jimrockford is correct. If it did work, what changed? Where is the server located compared to your location. Wondering about checking security logs and such.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

TTinChicago

We have trust relationship between two domains, and our administrative group is part of that domain. There nothingin the security log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back