Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Change Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcarolan

Programmer
Jun 18, 2002
IE
Hello,

I had a Domain name X with with logon name Y password Y. I was setting up a new Domain and changed the Domain Name X to the new workgroup and rebooted. However now I cant log on to the machine at all with logon name Y and password Y. Its saying your account has been disabled see your administrator.

Any help would be appreciated as I now cant access the machine.

Regards
gcarolan

I now have 2 network Domains on the machine.

I could see both Domains from another machine I could access the new Domain over the network but not the old so I changed the machine to the new Domain and since then I cant access the machine.

I have disconnected the machine from the network but still cant logon using the admin account.

If your login Y password Y credentials are for an account in Domain X - you obviously won't be able to log onto a machine which doesn't belong to Domain X using them. You will need either a local account or a domain account from the new domain.

Gcarolan,

Did you create a Computer account for the machine in the new domain ?

If so, when you get to the login screen do you see 2 blank fields (one for username, the other for password) ? You should see 3. The 3rd field denotes where (local machine or domain) you are logging into. To see this 3rd field click the Options button on the login screen. Use the dropdown to specify which domain you are logging into.

Hope this helps.

SL

Hi SL

I connected the hard drive in the machine I couldnt logon to to one of the other machines and copied over the files. I'll try your suggestion later Thanks for your help

gcarolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back