Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Change : Mitel controller down

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcbeath

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2012
BM
Changed my domain from abc.com to efg.com. Changed DNS from XX.X.XX.XX to XX.X.XX.XX. Went onto mitel under system configuration and changed domain and dns. I now cannot access mitel communications director I get to login page and login and after that I get "A system error has occurred. Please not the following information and contact Technical Support. The parameter is incorrect. What else have I missed? Any help would be appreciated.

note: I cannot only access mitel page by typing in static ip address of mitel controller.

Better make the DNS 8.8.8.8 temporarily until the client gives you a good one.

Always look out for the next tech. because one day it will be you!

Little confused.. Do you mean you CAN access the web interface by typing in the static IP? If you can - are you able to open the System Administration Tool or do you get the 'parameter is incorrect message? What are the handsets doing? Waiting for DHCP?

Enlighten us!

Don't confuse DTMF with DTF. They have very different meanings....

Have you tried clearing the cache in Internet explorer?
I have had this issue before, I also had to change the internet security settings so that the IP address/dns name is added to the 'local intranet' Sites > Advanced
Also you might need to download and install the root certificate again.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

I can access the web interface by typing in static IP. But after login I get "parameter is incorrect" message. The handsets are working fine.

Changing the ip address causes this issue in internet explorer
The phones are not affected
Have you tried clearing the cache and adding to the local intranet?

Forgive me, guys. I thought this was an internet connectivity issue, which ran into a problem after a DNS change. I am missing something here. I'd like to understand more of what is happening here. Thanks.

The DNS name of the MCD has changed not the DNS service
because of this Internet Explorer throws up an error.
Clearing the cache and adding the IP address and or MCD DNS to the local intranet settings should sort this issue

Thanks, nova. Appreciate it. Clear now.[thumbsup2]

clearing the cache worked thanks! sorry for late reply

Nice one one glad you got it sorted

As always if it helped like the post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back