Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

domain and web hosting service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2001
NL
hi,
i'm planning to buy a domain and put my website on it. i just need suggestions on web sevices such as geocities or namezero or anything else. which one is most reliable one? can anybody give me some suggestions?

thanks

Well you can and you can't

Basically when I researched out T1 lines for our corporate server - I was offered a class C IP license, what 255 ip's for nothing - included.

If a service provider wants your business and wants to compete, they'll offer it. Unfortunately cable or regular house-hold DSL do not need to offer it to compete.

The downside is the IP's I have do not belong to my corportation. They belong to the service provider so if I switch providers, I gotta switch IP's ..... all of them.

You can get them by applying yourself, through
Although it is a process. Since the IP numbers are being used up so fast they require half of the ones assigned to you to be used in a short amount of time, month or so I can't recall - then 80% needs to be used in 3 months or so.

So you can apply for some, as far as it goes for just picking one, it won't work for a public IP.

"Insert witty remark here"

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back