Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain and Local accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2003
GB
Hi, we have installed Suse Linux 9 Server running Samba v3. Now, using domain accounts connecting to the network works fine with profiles. i can log onto any PC and all my documents and settings are pulled down locally.

My problem is that when I unplug my PC from the network, I can no longer access this account and have to log on to a local account set up on the machine - which has its own set of documents and settings.

How do I syncronise the two accounts? I need the same account on my PC as the domain so I can access the files from anywhere - whether or not I am logged into the network.

This must be a standard feature of windows domain accounts, but I have little (no) experience of windows domains until now.

Thanks for you help

Tony

This issue is with the tdb database for login authentication - changing thiss to smbpassword file works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back