Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Admin Logon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM1975

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2022
US
Hello

I recently inherited a new network and came across something I have never seen and am inquiring to see if anyone else has..... When I log on to a domain connected server.... the default for any user account id to "log on to:" the domain itself. When I type "administrator" for the user name, that area where it says "Log on to" changes to read the name of the local machine. I have never seen this happen before... Is there possible a group policy that could be causing this? I haven't begun to do a gpresuly /h yet or anything as I am just seeing if this is just something simple that I have never come across but others have. Thank you anyone with an answer.

Matt M

This is usual behaviour if there is a local account with the same name - in your case 'administrator'. To logon with the domain account you'll need to change it to 'DOMAIN\administrator' or 'administrator@domain.fqdn'.

I'm fairly sure this has always been the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back