Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Account List

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovebrd

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2000
US
Is there a simply way / or even just a way to create or print a Domain account list. I would like a listing of all the user accounts created in my Domain.

I have had no luck with this so far.

[sig]<p>-Danny<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Try NET USERS from a console prompt on one of the domain controllers. [sig][/sig]

Thanks VMSMAN

That did the trick.

Awsome DUDE.

[sig]<p>-Danny<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

The following scipt will parse the output of net user into a single column list of userids:

[tt]
@echo off
echo Processing user list, Please wait....

set LISTFILE=UserList.txt

if exist %LISTFILE% del %LISTFILE%
goto PROCESS

:FINISH
echo Processing Complete. Output is in the file [%LISTFILE%]
goto :EOF

:pROCESS
for /f &quot;Skip=6 Tokens=1,2,3&quot; %%i in ('net user /domain') do call :CHECKEND %%i %%j %%k
goto :EOF

:CHECKEND
if &quot;%1&quot;==&quot;The&quot; goto :FINISH

echo %1 >> %LISTFILE%
if &quot;%2&quot; NEQ &quot;&quot; echo %2 >> %LISTFILE%
if &quot;%3&quot; NEQ &quot;&quot; echo %3 >> %LISTFILE%
[/tt]

This should work anywhere as it uses only NT native batch commands. [sig]<p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>If everything seems to be going well: you don't have enough information.......[/sig]

i used the script hee and got a listing, but am still having trouble with the syntax of the net user command.
anyone have a better summary of how to use this tool than the normal help message?
Thx

I wish we could edit our posts.
I'm working on a listing with all the attributes that can go into a CSV file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back