Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Doing the opposite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a yes and no column. I already have the no setup in my report in which if the criteria is fulfilled there is a checkmark in the checkbox. How do i make it so that if it is a yes intead of a no, then the checkbox in the yes column will be checked; Basically telling it to do the opposite of the no checkbox.

Assumptions: The field in the DB for the yes column is named 'Yes'<br><br>Add 2 'blank' check boxes on your report.<br><br>In the properties for checkbox 'Yes' make 'Visible' False.<br><br>Place 1 'blank' checkbox under the 'Yes' column. In it's properties make it's 'Control Source' =[Yes]<br><br>Place the other 'blank' checkbox under the 'No' column. In it's properites make it's 'Control Source' = Not [Yes]

Jim,<br><br>Just curious, but WHY would you have both a YES & NO refering to the SAME object?<br><br>If you REALLY wnat to do &quot;the Opposite&quot;, just set the &quot;No&quot; record source =Not([Yes]), b ut it makes no sense to me to have both.<br><br>Michael<br>&quot;There is never tome to do it right but there is always time to do it over&quot;<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back