Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Doing Exch restore - Legato needs more tapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2001
US
We are having to restore one of our exchange information stores - When I am in networker user for exchange and select the IS to restore, and then to go to View --> Required Volumes, it gives me the tapes that are needed for the restore.

I put the tapes into the library and the restore starts. Partway into the restore, it then pops up that Tape XXX is needed, which was not on the list of required volumes.

Has anyone run this before? This has happened two times already for two different restores.

What happens if you provide the tapes? Did the recover run fine? If yes, i expect that this functionality is somehow broken.

Yes, after the newly requested tapes are inserted into the library, the restore continues and eventually finishes.

Then i assume that there is a bug with the "Required Volumes" report. You should open a bug.

Networker has been doing this for a long time. Never trust the "Required Volumes" option off the recover tool menu.

Figure out what saveset you're going to be restoring from, and pull *all* of the tapes it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back