Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does VFPA have a 64bit VFPOLEDB or equivalent by any chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriffMG

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
FR
I would be very interested in that...

I use the 32bit VFPOLEDB extensively.

** edit **
I noticed on the long strings thread that the screenshot from a user included a caption Visual Foxpro Advanced

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

There is no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Here's a hint that there is no 64bit VFPOleDB provider from Chen:

Chen said:
There is no the [sic] VFPOLEDB driver 64-bit version, so the SYS(9003) function is only for using in Visual FoxPro Advanced 32-bit
I have not downloaded VFPA, neither 32bit nor 64bit, but from the session John Ryan once did about the installation and usage of VFPA, you can see there is no 64bit ODBC driver or OLEDB provider in it and this quote from one of the VFP bugfixes is confirming that directly from Chen.

Chriss

Thank you Chris

Do you know where I can download a copy of the 64bit version (of VFPA not the missing OLEDB) - the link on the originators site seems to be a bit
overloaded, it says to come back next month...

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

There is no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

I don't know of anybody offering an alternative download location. The question is whether you really need this or are just currently hooked on having a few things working better? The "new" (to me) string/memo bug about VFP9 can be overcome even without any hotfix of VFP9 simply by using COPY MEMO and there's no problem getting a larger than 32MB file into a memo field, too.

See what Rick Strahl says here: And that's not from 2015, I think it is still very relevant, you also get downsides from it, like 32bit ActiveX controls coming with VFP9 not working in VFPA 64bit. I also remember a report of drag&drop not working in VFPA at all, no matter if in the IDE or debugger or a built EXE. I could imagine this is fixed by now, but you see there are also risks of things breaking that work now.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back