Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does UPS interferes with servers if they are too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

newifu

MIS
Apr 6, 2004
CA
We bought a APC SmartUPS 2200 which will be located on the bottom of a rack. since we are moving a bunch of servers to the rack, I am concerning wheather UPS interferes with servers if I put 2 servers right above the UPS. Is there a minimum distance between UPS and machines?

None that I've ever seen... In fact, if you go to the rack designers for various manufacturers, the UPS's are on the bottom (due to the weight), followed directly by the servers. They never show or require spacing between the two and they get pretty technical in their specs fo these things. So if it was needed, they would show it in their diagram offered or state if very boldly which they don't.

I would think the metal casing is more than adequate to shield if there was some interferance given off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back