Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does the Call Pilot need to be connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabenorteltech

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
US
I have a call pilot coming in that I want to program ahead of time and then drive it out to the customer and install it to their existing MICS phone system that recently had their NAM crash. Do I need to have the Call Pilot connected to a phone system in order for me to program it through my laptop, or can I program it without connecting it to a phone system?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you're going to program it at the shop, just make sure you're KSU is set to the same number of dn digits as your customer. You shouldn't have any trouble.

I thought I could just connect to the Call Pilot via my laptop, set the DN length, enter the names, build the CCR tree and then have my entry level tech cross connect it on site.

CurlyCord says no and RikRodgers sounds like a yes? Which one?

Rik did not say it would work, he said to make sure your KSU at the lab is the same DN length as the site will be.....a continuation of what I said if you will.

Hope that clarifies for you.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back