Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does template expand to different size pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jentuck

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
US
I have created a template with top,bottom, left and right border regions. I set the middle portion up as editable.

Two problems with two different sites:

1. The template seems to be "fixed" in length..a long page gets cut off by the template bottom border. IT shows fine in design view: The code is there, does not show up.

2. On another site, the longer the page is, it expands a row at the top of the template, instead of the bottom row. I've made the top row fixed, but no dice.
This is an asp page, but is based of a template.

Am I setting up templates wrong??

Thanks for your help!

I've been racking my brains and still haven't been able to figure out why my templates don't work right. They look perfect in layout view...

Anyone had a similar problem??

Thanks!

jennifer tuck

I've looked at the first site (eclipsepsychic) and can't see any problems in my browser (IE5.5). Should there be anything below the hit counter in the main cell? Which browser were you viewing the page in when you had problems?

(The second page wasn't there, by the way) Regards,

Jon Wilson
Threespot Limited

Hi,

Yes, there is quite a bit below the counter that isn't showing up.
Interestingly, when I detach the page from the template and post it, it works fine and the rest of the content appears.

Argh!

Thanks for your help..

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back