Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does single mode to multimode fiber converters work for fiber remote m 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2008
US
I have an opt61c with remote site aprox. 5 miles away, using single-mode fiber and single-mode fiber remote multi-ipe interface on each end. One of my interfaces is currently down, trying to find another single-mode interface but they are hard to come buy. So I was wondering about using a multimode interface and a converter. i had come across this earlier thread798-998731 were Sennback said he had used them. Looking for anymore thoughts on this, maybe what to look for or suggested converters to use if possible.
Thanks for any comments

I have seen them in use with no problems. Another point of possible failure though.

Thanks for the answer, do you or anyone out there know at what light wavelength the interfaces operate at?

Ok so techs out there say this will work now i am trying to find out for sure if I need a ATM/OC3 type converter or something else.

Simple google search of the part number brings up loads of info and parts.

for example.

don't fool with trying to make something like this work other than the way it was designed. Nortel has the parts as well as CTDI and many other reman places. All you have to do is search and you will find them. If you have a good part supplier then they will search for you.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back