Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Shoregear timeout/disable ports? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deweyhumbolt

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
US
We are looking into using some Shoretel IP telephones as a disaster preparedness tool. We have a large conf. rm. table that has 6 Data/Voice jacks in little flip downs. We were thinking of configuring an IP telephone and a laptop for each port on the table. So, can we then box these telephones up and bring them out in a year, plug them in and be rolling? Or will I be fired?

Do the Shoretel telephones or switches timeout and then disable it's use if they've not seen each other for a while?

Adversity is Opportunity

Okay, I don't need a 100% ruling. Does anyone have an inkling whether it will timeout or not?

Adversity is Opportunity

I've had a couple of phones disconnected for several weeks and haven't had one time out yet. You do get an visual indicator in ShoreWare Director whenever an IP phone is disconnected.

Thanks allot, would you get a different indication in Shorewaredirector, if it timed out?

Adversity is Opportunity

Not that I am aware of. If I plug in a phone that has been disconnected for some time it goes back into service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back