Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Score Really Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram069

MIS
Aug 5, 2002
US
Do you think that the score you receive when you pass a test should brought into consideration when you are considered for a position?

R.

Ram

Hello again.

No- definately not. A low pass score does not necessarily constitute lack of knowledge. I have been on courses in the past where I was getting 65%-75% pass marks in theory exams compared to students who consistenly gained 90%+. When it came to practical application whowever the tables turned dramatically.

A score on an exam should only be significant to the individual so that he/she can judge how they faired.

At the end of the day there is a difference between getting pass marks in an exam, and actually being able to do the job.

Ade [pc] Adrian Jordan
MCSE,CCNA,CCA

The only time the score matter is if you are going for you CCT (Citrix cert. Trainer) i think you need a 85+ on all your exams for ccea then you have to take a test and teach the teacher.. Besides that no score doesnt matter.

For Citrix Certified Instructor (CCI) you must pass the exams with 80% or better.

Justyn

Justyn Worrell
MCP, MCSE, MCT, CCA, CCEA, CCI
SCSA, CCSA, CCSE, CCNA, AANG-UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back