Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Partner System work in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamtimenet

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
PL
Hi,

I have a Partner system in Europe. Will the system recognize the strange dial tone they have here? Its like a long pause hum. Thanks.

Stephen

Not sure which direction the switch is headed, but I can tell you the system will function on either 110v or 220v systems.

Dial tone is not a real issue, as the system will connect the set to the selected line whether dialtone is present or not. What may perplex the system is the difference in ring cadence/voltage on inbound calls.

On an ACS, if you dial feature 59, it will display the firmware version of the switch and the country code (for US it will say P ACS R3.0.3 C01, where COuntry code 1 is US). There is no way short of an IC change to alter the country code that I know of.

While bringing in a switch from Europe to the US shouldn't cause grief, understand that some US features and functions may actually be illegal in Europe. One that comes to mind is music on hold. Strict prohibitions against playing other than "jewelry box" MIDI style computer generated music for callers on hold could result in liability should one install a radio or such as a MOH source in many European countries. Be aware, and good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I guess the only way to find out is to install the system and check it out. The country in question is Slovakia. They don't have many rules here :)

S

i think there is a special carier for european use It seems like we got one in once and when we went to use it the ac plug was a european type and the connector on the carrier was differnt also so we couldnt just swap cords I seem to rember we had to return it.

I also seem to rember getting a CA24 with a european ac plug once.

The AC is different for sure. But I have adapters to convert the 240 V 60 hz to 120 V 50 hz.

I had a telephone installer come to install it today and they were more worried about "certification of the phone system" than the technicalities of installation. Very funny actually.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back