Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Pagemaker 6.5 run on Windows 7 32 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmusicant

Programmer
Mar 29, 2005
US
I run it on XP machines, it does not run on my Windows 7 64bit Ultimate machine. I'm wondering if it will run on Windows 7 32 bit, either Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (i.e. which one?). I understand that Professional adds support for running applications in XP compatibility mode, so perhaps that would help. If not, I think I'll save a few dollars and get the Home Premium edition. Guidance appreciated!

PM is now ancient and obsolete. I don't why Adobe are still selling it after declaring development would cease some 10 years ago. They no longer offer any support.

It you really want to use PM, install it on a WinXP PC.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

It runs on my Win7. I have 64bit but it installs in C:/program files ( 86) by default. It also runs in my Win8.

Should have said PM7 runs on Win & and 8
Bionic John, agreed PM is old but learning new designs all the time is a pain for us oldies. Windows 8 is enough of a challenge.

I'm about to see if it will install and run on my Win7 32bit machine. Will post back the result. I know it didn't run on my Win7 64 bit machine without running an XP emulation.

Installation seemed normal, well, except that I couldn't install the HP4M+ driver. Had to do a Windows Update that took almost 15 minutes. Then I installed the 600dpi PCL driver and subsequently the 600dpi Post Script driver, making that my default. Sent a print job to the printer, and it executed normally except that the printer didn't issue a print! It never seemed to get the job and Windows didn't show anything in the print queue, WTF. So, I send the job to the PCL driver and it printed. Why PS isn't working, I can't guess. It's a network printer, I didn't print a test page, but I assume that wouldn't have printed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back