Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does One X agent work well with VPN? Can One X be set up for a home agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCsurfer

Systems Engineer
Sep 6, 2018
US
Just wondering if it's feasible to set up call center agents at home using One X agent connected through a VPN.
Are there any challenges? I guess I would have to discuss this with the network group first. I have no idea how VoIP works in VPN.

CM 6.3

You need to purchase the one-x agent soft phone license which is not cheap. You also need to consider your network regions with enough dsp resources. You need to add your vpn ips to your network map so they use the right network region.

We are using One X agent connected through a VPN. It works really well for the most part. The hardest part was making sure the Agent had "good" Internet. For us, it wasn't about enough BW for just the call, but everything the agent is doing through the VPN or their local internet we had to educate them on. A 14Mb DSL wasn't good enough to do all things work, stream netflix and have someone playing xbox online. We have been using the setup since the start of Covid.

If licenses for Agent are an issue, you could have the agents use One-X Communicator but there's some drawbacks to it. I could explain further if needed.

The major issue we faced was dealing with one way audio. I set up new network regions, disabled media shuffling and assigned the VPN IPs to the new regions in the network map.

We use to have over 300 remote agents setup using one-x agent (on VPN). We had them setup at one point using VPN Hard Phones, and then switch to softphone (or road warrior I think).
I agree with dclark1111, the hard part is the agent side internet connection, if it is not good then you will have problems with that agents. The other thing to keep in mind is the USB headset, and the Windows OS messing with the audio, you should look at setting windows to not have control on the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back