Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does not Display callers name on rollover key for IP phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

csdtech1

Technical User
Apr 16, 2009
US
Hey Guy's,

I have a cs1000 5.0 with 1120 and 1140 phones. They are set up with CNDA, DNDA and NAMA. But, if a user is on key 0 (ex.4000), and another employee (ex.5000 ) dials 4000 that second call goes to the rollover key 1. For some reason the name display of the caller at ext 5000 does not display on the rollover key for ext 4000.

When the phone is idle and a call comes in, The name of the calling party shows....It's only when key 0 is in use and the second call hit's the rollover from an internal ext, That the name of the caller doesn't show up.

any help on this would be great.Thanks...

Try TDD vs ADD for the display for class of service.

Just checked and it is set for TDD....

thx

CLS TDD DNDD (not DNDA).

If you're CLS DNDA then you'll see YOUR name when someone calls you while you're on Key 0. If you're CLS DNDD you'll see the name associated w/ the DN they called from.

I just made this mistake myself; luckily it was our own PBX and a relatively small database.

-Matthew

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

Hey Matthew,

Your the Man. Thanks! It worked.

Hope I can help with something in the future.

@GHTROUT - the worst part - I *AM* a vendor LOL and I still made the same stupid mistake. It took one of my dispatchers yelling at me to point out my ... skills hehehee. I'm not sure I deserve the star, given that tidbit of info! ;-)

-M

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back