Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOES MICS SUPPORT RING GROUPS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

buycvi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
Not sure if ring groups is the correct phrase but this is what my client is telling me. Has a MICS with an older version software that took a power hit. Reprogramming system and can't get it to perform the following:

Calls ring in to three phones on system immediately. They want calls that aren't answered on these three phones to ring at other phones or as he puts it other ring groups.

Thanks!

The first three phones would need to be set-up on a hunt group, with the overflow to a secondary hunt group that rings the other extensions.

You would want to use "broadcast" for this set-up.

On older systems, what I have always done in this situation is...

Make the lines appear and ring on the first 3 sets.

Then on the lowest numbered DN of those phones, add Forward No Answer to a an unused DN (an equipped DN without a physical set on it). Add line appearances to this fictitious DN for all of the lines.

Then add an answer button for the fictitious DN on each of the phones in the overflow group.

You can then add Forward No Answer on the fictitious DN to another fictitious DN and give answer buttons for this new DN to a new group of overflow phones.

It's sloppy and it has certain drawbacks, but it should solve the problem on older Norstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back