Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does IWP Table View have column/width limits? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bioinf

Programmer
Nov 24, 2004
US
Hi,

Albeit, IWP, is not an ideal solution, we have a need sometime s to get DBs up very rapidly.

I'm running FM Developer 6 and I have a layout with 4 text fields and 158 container fields. When I view it over the web in Table View using IWP, the last 58 container fields are cut off. If I remove the 4 text fields, then I get about 6 more container fields. Is there an overall column or width limit to IWP? or is it an HTML limit?

Also, are the widths of the fields adjustable when using IWP?

thanks

From this FileMaker Tech support article

Table View Doesn’t Add Fields To The View After Resizing Column Width

ISSUE:
From a layout with many fields (In the test example; over 100 fields), switching to Table View does not display all the fields as columns at the default width due to the maximum layout width. For example on the test machine 65 columns can show at the default width). At this point the columns can be selected and resized, making room for additional fields to display.

RESOLUTION:
If you define a new field and exit define fields, it will add additional fields to the Table View of that layout, and if you open Table View Properties and close them again, not making any changes, it will add additional fields to the Table View layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back