Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Flash support file input output (file creation - writing)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axtec

Programmer
Dec 12, 2001
US
I'm new to Flash and I'm wondering if it's possible to use actionscript to create a file, write to that file, save it, read from it, modify it, etc.? I see the XML functions, but I don't see file i/o functions.

Thanks Thanks.

You have to use something like PHP or maybe a CGI script.

Thanks. I was hoping to create a stand-alone application (not a web app), but I need to store the data in a file created and stored locally on the user's computer. If there is a way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi,

I was hoping to do this same thing, I need to be able to run flash in the standalone player with no internet connection and save different variables to a text file - to be read back in two flash on a complete seperate location.

Basically I am looking for read file / write file ability with no internet connection. Is this possible in Flash MX ?

Thanks,

Russell

Regards,

oldman3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back