Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does CS2 translate text into other languages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinkd1

Technical User
Jul 29, 2007
US
I am doing a manual that needs to be printed in 5 different languages. Does CS2 translate text into other languages? I see the language drop down menu in the character and control palette, but after I highlight the text and change the language, nothing happens. Any clues or solutions to my problem. Thanks!

No it doesn't. It can check spelling in several languages. I'm afraid the solution to your problem is to hire translators.

No software can translate your document properly. What you are thinking of is called 'machine translation' where a computer program converts each word to another language. The problem is that a computer cannot process grammar and intent. Try going to - - enter some text to translate in any language - - translate - - then translate back to English. You will see how bad machine translation is.

A human translator is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back