Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Crystal Reports 2008 allow for nested sub-reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scb1776

Programmer
Dec 29, 2006
US
I know that Crystal Reports XI does not allow for nesting of sub-reports, and I haven't found anything that says that Crystal Reports 2008 has added that feature; but can anyone who is using Crystal Reports 2008 tell me whether or not it allows for nested sub-reports?

(I need an on-demand sub-report which is made up of 6 other sub-reports. Linking the 6 into the main report is:
1 - ugly and not very user friendly if they are all on-demand
or
2 - performance killing if they are all always run and hidden in a drill-down.)

Thanks

No, you are only allowed one-level of sub-reports in any Crystal Report version.

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

I wonder whether there would be performance savings if you placed the subs in a section that was conditionally suppressed with a formula like:

drilldowngrouplevel = 0

In other words, I wonder whether the subs would only process upon drilldown, instead of prior to drilldown if conditionally suppressed instead of hidden. I don't have a simple way of testing this.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back