Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does auto cad version 18 work with windows 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesigner

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
I need to know if Auto Cadd R18 will work with windows 2000? I know it doesn't work with XP home edition. If it works with XP professional please respond and let me know exactly how you got it to work along with windows 2000.
THANK YOU!

It does work with XP Pro
if you are refering to AutoCAD 2004

DougP, MCP

Thanks for the tip however, I am looking for AutoCad 18 or 2000...thats what I'm looking at installing. So far I have been unable to do so using XP pro.

I am not at an XP system at the moment, so this is from a hazy distant memory of when I had the same prob.

Right click on the setup executable file and some where in there is an OS compatibility option. Playing with this should work.

Have fun.....

After looking at my system, set the mode to Win 95, that should work with XP.

njwcad,

"Right click on the setup executable file and some where in there is an OS compatibility option. Playing with this should work."

Right click on the autocad.exe file? I do not see this OS compatibility option. Just curious man.

Crash

It is hidden in the "Properties" bit in XP only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back