Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemikelx

Technical User
Nov 21, 2001
MY
Does anyone knows the name for this folder references?
%systemrrot%
%temp%

Anyone has the full list?

Hi,

I presume you mean %SystemRoot% in the first one. These are environment variables that are used by the operating system to determine various options.

To see a full list in operation, open a command prompt (start -> run CMD.EXE) and type SET | MORE

To answer your questions, however:
SystemRoot contains the top level directory of the Win2K installation. It is normally C:\WINNT

TEMP is the directory where the operating system should direct its temporary files to. This will vary depending upon the user logged into the system.

John

I am trying to create a self extracting zip file.
So i was hoping that i can get the full list of the enviromental variables.
Thanks very muchy.

Environment variables are anything that is set in the environment. There isn't a "fixed" set of variables. Start->Help and select "Environment Variable" on the Index tab. This should provide the information you seek.

WW

You can get a list of the variables in use by the system by opening a command prompt and typing 'set' (without the quotes.

This will give you a list of the variables and their current value(s).

Good Luck!!!

Tim Cambridge
A+, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE (W2K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back