Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone know where I can find this script? Also.... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilightmama

Technical User
Nov 12, 2002
US
Hi there,

I found this site, and would I love their fading rollover link effect. It appears that they didn't use any images and if this script is available, I can't find it. Any ideas on where I could locate it?

Also, I've used a similar effect on a test page that I created, but I'd love to know if everything is in order in IE5.
Thanks!

well I can't answer your first question, but I checked out your link in IE 5 on win 98 and they look good to me. Only minor problem is that when you hover over home, Inventory Search Car Watch and Contact Us - the button comes down a little over the white, but when you hover over the About Us link - it doesn't. If you want some screen shots, let me know.

also, that's a really funky website you have there:)

OK,

Never seen this before and took a while to work through but this is how it was done.

Firstly it will only work in IE4 and above. It is not avaliable in NS.

The effect is done through CSS backgrounds and filters. Each menu item is in a class that has a black background for a link and a colour for a:hover. Now for the funcky bit, the class also has a filter (filter:blendTrans(duration=0.5)) which states that the transition between a link style and a mouseover linkstyle takes 0.5 seconds to change.

Then in the mouseover and mouseout events of your document that has had this CSS applied to it you ask it to play the transition.

And there you go. Fiddly to pull together and browser specific but a nice effect none the less.

Hope this helps,

Kev
[afro2]

Hey, thanks guys! It is a cool effect and I hope to use it soon.

Y2K, a screen shot would be great. I can't figure out why some buttons would drop down like that and others wouldn't. Hmmm...

Also, do you mean funky in a good way or funky in a bad way? Lol, all comments and critiques are welcomed. It's a conceptual design for a potential client- designed is based on his business card which is the deep blue with the silver Nashville Motor Cars text and skyline logo. Any pointers for when I do the real thing would be greatly appreciated:)

you fixed it!? When I went back, all the buttons were the same, none of them overhung the white area. Just so you'll have an idea of what it's like, I done a screen shot anyway, it's at
If you can't access it first time, drop off the shot2.jpg and go geocities.com/nitramglobal - then add shot2.jpg to the URL - I dunno why it does that, it's just goecities doing what it does best - being awkard!!

It doesn't look as good in the screen shot, and it does fade in, just that I obviously can't capture that - not fast enough for that!!

When I said it was funky, yes I definitely meant in a good way:)

Wow, thanks so much for the screen capture, Y2K. One of these days we need to go through the trouble of trying to put multiple IE browswers on our computer, lol. I hear it's a slight hassle to do so:0)

I'm the test page is looking funky in a good way, btw:) I'm a relatively new web designer so I'm never quite sure about my work. There's so much yet to learn!

I forgot to mention, I didn't do anything to change the coding. Must have been just a weird little quirk;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back