Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

does anyone know what this is

Status
Not open for further replies.

studlymouse

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
US
i found a trojan on my computer called ' (no ] ' and my trojan detectors will find it but wont delete it, can anyone give me some info about this trojan or know how i can delete it, thank you in advance

Check if the executable for the Trojan is loaded in memory. If so, kill the process.

HTH, AVChap
... take my advice, I don't use it anyway!

it is not loaded in memory, but it is running, invisible, i cant find it anywhere to kill it

What's the executable file name? AVChap

pop1[4] c:\windows\temporary internet files\content. ie5\otan81q7 is primary file

Well if it's in the temporary internet files folder then delete those files through internet options and that should get rid of it. It that one file won't delete then restart into safe mode and remove it from there.

tried that, rebooted in safe mode and the file isnt there, and if i delete or try to rename, it denies access to it

Clean out your Temporary Internet Files by right-clicking on the IE logo, select properties, then click on Delete Files. Hopefully this removes this.

HTH, AVChap

no its not, it denies access to the file, i cant even rename it, and i cant find the trojan on any of the anti-virus sites i know of

Being unable to delete files may also be caused by some sort of corruption of your file system. If this is the case, scandisk (9x/me) or chkdsk (NT/2000/XP) should be able to fix it. Marcel

What operating system is it? You could try deleting the file from pure dos mode or the whole TIF folder. If you delete the TIF folder Windows should create a new empty one at restart.

deltree /y c:\windows\tempor~1

But if you have 95, 98, or ME go below and get Startlog.com and run it. It'll create 2 text files on your desktop. Copy and paste the results of just Startlog (not the stubpaths file) to your reply here. It may shed some more light on this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back