Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone know what DAO_LOG does?? (Groupshield) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daytona12

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
NL
Since a couple of days a process called DAO_LOG is eating alot of CPU in %user privilege time on one of our servers.

InstanceName PID %CPU %User %Priv
DAO_Log 611 96.25 96.20 0.05

Even with full logging nothing shows up in the eventviewer or GSE logfile.
Anyone seen this before??

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know why it is doing it but the DAO_Log exe is something to do with how groupshield writes information to the log and quarantine database.

It is quite normal to see it, sometimes several instances in my case, in taskmgr.

Although unfortunately I don't know why it is grabbing all your resources

Hiya,

We have just started having this same problem, was wondering if you ever managed to find a fix for it??

I had the same issue start today. After stopping the Exchange services and then McAfee (actually had to set the services to disabled and reboot to get them to stop) I renamed the file c:\Program Files\McAfee\GroupShield Exchange\i386\log\LOGFILE.MDB and restarted the services and all was well. This would indicate some corruption in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back