Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone know how to remove old SMS sites from the parent database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaris

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2002
US
I have a problem detaching 2 of my secondary sites from its Primary. This Primary site reports to a central site. The central still thinks these 2 secondary site codes still exists and generated the error message below:

"Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 99901, severity 16: This SiteCode (XXX) does not exist in the parent table, Sites."

Is there a way we can remove it? I think I detached them but not completely deleted from the database. Bad mistake. The only I could think of is rebuilding this same site w/ the same site code and let it replicate and then detach & delete them afterwards.

Any info would be appreciated.

PeterN

Sorry, I stated wrong. I detached those 2 secondaries but it won't completely remove them from the central site's database. Still showing and getting errors with the SQL...

PeterN

If you've attempted to uninstall and remove the secondary site from the primary and you are not successful (primary shows that there is no secondary, but the logs show otherwise), then run the SMS installation from the SMS CD on the secondary site itself, except choose the option to uninstall.

If you still have problems (perhaps the server on which the secondary site resides was once a primary site), then you may need to stop the SMS services, delete the SMS folders, and the SMS registry entry. I don't have specifics on this procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back