Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone know how to merge tapes created in Arcserve 6.61?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfair

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to merge tapes created in Arcserve 6.61? I need to restore files from tape to Brightstor 11 and create a new database from the existing archives.

Try this, your path may be a little different but under Base it will be the same.

Open regidt32.exe
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on Local Machine
Open it to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\ARCserveIT\Base\Task
Highlight Task and select Edit Add Key from the menue bar.
Key Name: Merge
Class: <leave blank>
Hightlight Merge and select Edit Add Value
Value Name: DonotUseCatalogMerge
Data Type: REG_DWORD
click OK
Data: 1 *// 1 = Enabled, 0 = Disabled

Thanks for the hack, I'll give it a try. I've looked through the Arcserve Help files and I can't find anything about "sequential merge". What does this mean and how do I initiate it?

Prior to 7.0/2000 that is all there was. In 2000 it was changed, db info went into a catalog file, cat file was backed up to tape as last file in session. Merge restores that cat file and then merges db info from it. Program is disigned to default to sequintial merge if cat does not work. Sometimes that fails and so the hack can force it, by the why it should be undone after merge.

Sequintial merge starts at the beinging of the session and reads through the whole thing to get the db info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back