Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone know about taskbar ? please HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

thangnguyen

Programmer
May 28, 2001
VN
Hi,
I want to make my program works as : from my window app, I hold down and move my mouse cursor over the taskbar, if I keep the cursor more than a specific time, the program will activate the button icon on the task bar and show out that window. The problem here is I don't know the handle of the window on that button. I have tried to send the WM_LBUTTONDOWN to the position of that button, but nothing happen ( the button shown the tooltip and the pushed state ) but the window is still not activated.
Could you show me the solution for this problem ? I also know that using MS Active Accessibility can solve the problem but I think that if I can find another way easier :) !

thanks,

Thang.

The only thing I know about taskbar, it is a first instance of Windows explorer. When you in NT/2000 kill explorer process, your taskbar is gone. ( You can launch it back using taskmanager :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back