Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone know a good data cleansing tool(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtcust

Programmer
Oct 26, 2004
US
Hi all,

I have a customer database that needs straightening out. Then I need to moved the cleansed data to a warehouse. Does anyone know a good data cleansing tool(s) that will group like customers together so they can be review?

Thanks in advance for any help.

We have used vality and trillium and of the 2 trillium is the product of choice. Data cleansing has many meanings to many people, these products are particullary good for name and address standardization and deduping. Some ETL tools now have cleansing tool functionality built in such as first logic routines in Informatica 7.x. If you are trying to determine if data follows specific rules, then there is another class of products which allow for some pretty elaborate data analysis .. might seem strange but SAS is very strong here but I think the tools are packaged with their warehouse solution.

hope that helps

hope that helps

Trillium is one of the tools which are quite popular among the I.T developers and Management. You can check that.

teccum.

Firstlogic is another tool used for Data Cleansing and it has some other good features too. Also if you are existing Informatica customer, you will get this tool at lower price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back