Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

does anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuree

Programmer
Aug 26, 2000
GB
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody actually knew the highest speed CPU you can put in the Soltek SL-75KV2? I have always had a 1.1Ghz Athlon Tbird. I cannot find an answer on any websites.

Thanks

Arran

Found this on Google:

We already went over what multipliers and FSBs this motherboard can handle, theoretically being able to support a 1.875GHz processor (150FSB, 12.5x). Soltek are the first manufacturer that I have seen to include a small leaflet showing you how you can unlock your Duron/Thunderbird processor by closing the L1 bridges with a 0.5mm HB pencil or with conductive ink. Here's a scan of the leaflet:

Go to;
This info was on page 3. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

hehe thanks :)

i already been there and read all that. i unlocked my cpu, and tried changing the dips and that, i found as i went up by 0.5, i lost quite an amount of mhz :).. so i im not quite sure if 1.1ghz is the limit.

i guess the only thing i could try is getting hold of a faster cpu.

thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back