Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

does any still use dashboard95?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnm93359

Technical User
Apr 19, 2003
US
I received Dashboard95 on the same cd as sidekick95. It is a virtual window manager. I have been using it painfully under win2k (several compatibility problems). But it still works. I have just built a new pc, but cannot find my media.
I saw the download links and forums for sidekick, but nothing for dashboard. Does anyone still use it, or know where I can D/L it? Has it been tried under XP?

Does anyone know of a newer, supported similar window manager?

Thx in advance.

Dear johnm93359,
The site for the Internet utilities download together with the other downloads is:

I'm not sure of Dashboard tho' I do have a CD somewher with it and I don't use it, so when, (and IF) I find it you are welcome to it.
Ironic really that this is a Forum for personal organisers and I suggest that I am not sure where I left it!

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Thanks -
I dont have a password. But I went to the site and it does not look like dashboard is there. I gues I'll start digging thru the basement.

I am really more interested in something similar, but updated and supported.

I found out that the software is self contained, so I just copied it from my old pc to the new one.
Thanks

Well done johnm93359,

I have been involved in a play and it opened last night so I am afraid I wasn't very together yesterday or I would have thought of mentioning Cybermedia's Uninstaller
which can remove an application, together with any Registry entries and archive it as an executable to enable you to install it on any other computer.

Does Dashboard work ok on the new one (is that one running XP)?
If it does, do post back to tell us please as it helps others who are contemplating it.
Once again congratulations.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

I would like to reinstall Dashboard one of my machines that is running Windows98. Unfortunately, I have my WordPerfectSuite8 CD but not my WordperfectSuite7 CD. I know that Dashboard is a stand alone utility. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Blackieblue

If you still need a copy of Dashboard, I'm pretty sure I have it, and it's probably not too big a download, since it's on a floppy disk. Now to find it...

WordsWork

Dear All,
See the following FAQ page for the Dashboard95 download:
faq807-3761

Regards Jim

I am very happy to see that there are fellow users out there and that people are finding help with their needs.

Please dont loose sight of my other original questions.

1) I am currently running them both under xp, with the same results as win2k. So I know that answer.

2) Has anyone seen similar but newer & supported products.
They are my most valuable tools, but What else is out there? I have tried many virtual desktop products, but have seen nothing in the same class.

Wordswork: nice handle,

Yes, thank you, I would like to get a copy: I can be reached at: prosodist@yahoo.com

Does dashboard 95 support virtual desktops and does it work under win2k?

Gary Britt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back